The other teams thread

A contingent of VAN fans don’t want to see the Kings because apparently it’s the most boring hockey on Earth:

Canucks Army

After the first part of the article it goes on and on. Can easily skip it. Then the next article wonders if the reason hockey isn’t as “big in the states” is because it’s so boring with a team like the Kings.

I know we heard this stuff earlier this year and I just scratch my head at it. I watch parts of other games too and it’s not like they’re all firewagon, end-to-end match-ups. NHL coaches don’t coach their teams to play barn burners.

Last night was a tight game but there was lots of high danger chances for both teams. Tight-checking. Good goaltending. What do they expect? Has their insane PDO warped their understanding of how hockey works?

A contingent of VAN fans don’t want to see the Kings because apparently it’s the most boring hockey on Earth:

Canucks Army

After the first part of the article it goes on and on. Can easily skip it. Then the next article wonders if the reason hockey isn’t as “big in the states” is because it’s so boring with a team like the Kings.

I know we heard this stuff earlier this year and I just scratch my head at it. I watch parts of other games too and it’s not like they’re all firewagon, end-to-end match-ups. NHL coaches don’t coach their teams to play barn burners.

Last night was a tight game but there was lots of high danger chances for both teams. Tight-checking. Good goaltending. What do they expect? Has their insane PDO warped their understanding of how hockey works?
Haha! This is great because it’s the same things opposing fans were saying about the 2012-2014 Kings teams. We might be on to something here.

with the moves that the oil and panthers made, can see them in the finals

Haha! This is great because it’s the same things opposing fans were saying about the 2012-2014 Kings teams. We might be on to something here.
I mean, we can be very boring to watch but I'll take boring + a cup anytime...not that we will win one this year.

I am so bored with the Canucks, but what can I do! :confused:

Bored Spongebob Squarepants GIF by Nickelodeon

Canucks Army

I've seen a lot of high scoring games that were boring as hell, and a lot of 0-0 games that were incredible -- I mean -- a good game is a good game. People say the Kings are boring I guess because.. our identity has ideally been defense for.. 15+ years, and we lack offensive superstars.. I kinda get it? But not really.

I've seen a lot of high scoring games that were boring as hell, and a lot of 0-0 games that were incredible -- I mean -- a good game is a good game. People say the Kings are boring I guess because.. our identity has ideally been defense for.. 15+ years, and we lack offensive superstars.. I kinda get it? But not really.
The final score has nothing to do with how exciting (or not) a game is, IMO.

I get that in part, and the years following the Cups produced some truly boring hockey. The Willie D year was basically unwatchable.

Kings are not elite and put on some boring games every year as do most teams. I feel like a lot of the people acting like they’re always boring are just regurgitating a script, however. Like this dumb article makes such a big deal out of it and then proceeds to break the game down detail by detail. Scroll down. It never ends. What I call a disconnect.

I get that in part, and the years following the Cups produced some truly boring hockey. The Willie D year was basically unwatchable.

Kings are not elite and put on some boring games every year as do most teams. I feel like a lot of the people acting like they’re always boring are just regurgitating a script, however. Like this dumb article makes such a big deal out of it and then proceeds to break the game down detail by detail. Scroll down. It never ends. What I call a disconnect.
2007 was unwatchable. Have season tickets, and gave away every game.

2007 was unwatchable. Have season tickets, and gave away every game.
That was the year I graduated college so timing worked out that I missed most of it. The previous season’s meltdown coming out the lockout was profound for me at that time in my fanhood. I remember my dorm suite having a little watch party for their season opener against Dallas where they led comfortably, only to give it away in a sign of things to come. My idiot Pens buddy ripped me all night.

Honestly I stopped watching from 2017-19 so I never saw Willie D. Needed a break from the suck after the elation from winning 2 in 3. I was excited to start watching again having picked up Todd - go figure I was asking for him to be fired a bit before most were in 2024 :D

11-7-1 and the Kings get to 100 points. They still have 6 games remaining that include CHI 3x, SJ 1x, and ANH 2x. This is possible.

Hoping for VGK to stay in WC for the sheer comedy of their healthy, deadline-jacked up team playing the likes of DAL or COL in a first round that should be the WCF. Can’t the NHL get it through their pea heads that everyone hates the playoff seeding format? Of course not. Gotta focus on trying ATL for the third time.

11-7-1 and the Kings get to 100 points. They still have 6 games remaining that include CHI 3x, SJ 1x, and ANH 2x. This is possible.

Hoping for VGK to stay in WC for the sheer comedy of their healthy, deadline-jacked up team playing the likes of DAL or COL in a first round that should be the WCF. Can’t the NHL get it through their pea heads that everyone hates the playoff seeding format? Of course not. Gotta focus on trying ATL for the third time.
I actually don’t mind the seeding format. If Vegas ends up as 7/8 they would play the 1/2 under the old format too. Kings Canucks 2012 should’ve been the WCF but the Kings sucked during the the regular season same as Vegas is sucking during this regular season.

I actually don’t mind the seeding format. If Vegas ends up as 7/8 they would play the 1/2 under the old format too. Kings Canucks 2012 should’ve been the WCF but the Kings sucked during the the regular season same as Vegas is sucking during this regular season.
That’s true - VGK would play one of those teams anyway. But, I hate the 2-3 division match ups early. Can lend itself to too much repetition of opponents while i realize thats the point, it narrows the matchup odds too much.

NHL should adopt the NBA's old playoff format of top 8 teams, including the two division winners.

Then 1 v 8, 2 v 7, etc.

Kings now in 7th would face Dallas and Vegas v Vancouver.

I believe it was done this way for a number of years before the current playoff format
2012 most notably... When the Kings turned it on at the end just to secure 8th..and went on to demolish the #1 Canucks- Northwest div champs and who had also won the Presidents trophy....ahhhh good times.

I hate the current playoff format too. They should go to a conference 1/8, 2/7, 3/6, 4/5. Either that or switch to 4 teams in 8 divisions. Then you can go with the winners of each division plus the remaining best 4 of each conference.

Back
Top Bottom