The Arizona Coyotes Grift

Moog

Super Star

Dude buys team for $400 mill in 2019.....d*cks around with it for a few years, and screws with the AZ fans, and now will be able to sell to the NHL for $1Billion!!!

Then all the owners get a piece of the $300 million. Clearly a sustainable model.

And then if they’re dumb enough to give him an expansion franchise in Phoenix , they’ll share another $800M.

Hockey won’t work there until the privately owned arena thing gets solved.

It's ridiculous. The fanbase exists there. I don't understand what the problem is with this ownership unless this was the plan all along.

They need Bruce McNall to come in and save them. (I still don't understand why they can't just work out a deal with their original arena in Glendale, but I haven't really folllowed the issue, so maybe there is some logical reason?)

This is like that Tears for Fears song, "I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad."

;)

Glendale just doesn't work. It's too far for most of the city, East and South of Downtown.

Reactions: FBJ
Conspiracy theory, knights "guaranteed" top level talent and win the cup. Then next franchise fee is 10 figures.. I made this comment a while back.

On a separate note, the mesa, gilbert tempe and scottsdale.area is exploding. Something else must ge going on as others have mentioned, rhe fan base is there but cannot seem to find a solution for an arena. Worst than the islanders saga

Conspiracy theory, knights "guaranteed" top level talent and win the cup. Then next franchise fee is 10 figures.. I made this comment a while back.

On a separate note, the mesa, gilbert tempe and scottsdale.area is exploding. Something else must ge going on as others have mentioned, rhe fan base is there but cannot seem to find a solution for an arena. Worst than the islanders saga
Too many data centers want that real estate, and will pay for it.

Hence the grift.
Clearly a sustainable model for the league.

The NHL putting a team in AZ was always a bad move, compounded by an arena in Glendale, and that whole lease debacle.
The NHL now has its "better" "popular" team in the dessert: Vegas.

Time to move on from AZ despite the grift.
This grift is on the NHL, and the suckers who buy high.

The Coyotes (Previous) arena in Glendale is a cross the street from State Farm Stadium (where the Cardinals play).
I don't buy into the excuse of saying "it is too far away". There are Kings fans that drive farther than 18 miles to go to King home games.

Last edited:
Recently Winnipeg has an issue of attendance and are "threatening" to move to the ATL.
Who knows, Lightning may strike twice in a few years and Winnipeg moves again to AZ.

The Coyotes (Previous) arena in Glendale is a cross the street from State Farm Stadium (where the Cardinals play).
I don't buy into the excuse of saying "it is too far away". There are Kings fans that drive farther than 18 miles to go to King home games.

Thus, back to the orig post, the GRIFT!

Just like there is crazy talk about yet another NHL team coming back to Atlanta, there will be some crazy talk about an NHL team coming back to Arizona in a few years, lol. :crazymonkey:

So now Utah is chasing an arena. Kinda comical if it wasn't so sad.

Like too many other projects, I'll believe it when I see cranes digging a foundation.

Wait, I thought Utah has an arena. I guess I am out of the loop.

Just like there is crazy talk about yet another NHL team coming back to Atlanta, there will be some crazy talk about an NHL team coming back to Arizona in a few years, lol.
From what I understand, and this is from someone who knows nothing but what I read, that the Coyotes will return to the Phoenix area once a building is built. In hopes with better ownership.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Wait, I thought Utah has an arena. I guess I am out of the loop.
It was built for basketball, there are blind spots for hockey. Just like Barkly's Center in Brooklyn for the Islanders and the American Airlines in Pho for the Suns.

Back
Top Bottom