GDT ***Playoffs Rd1 GAME 4 GDT 4/28/24 7:30pm on BSW, TBS, TRU, max***

Well, I'm probably the only one to be optimistic here, but the Kings still have a chance to force Game 6 and 7 if they keep Rittich in net, have him repeat his otherwise great performance in net, and find a way to solve Skinner by getting the correct positioning in the O-zone to get past him in net.
Problem is, up in the great white north the Oilers are going to get to many power plays.

Well, a better game. Not nearly good enough, but better than Friday. Although that isn’t saying much, but look on the bright side I guess. Let’s hope this motivates a front office clearance this summer.

Ummm nope. The biggest problem with the PLD deal is Blake could have kept Vilardi an then used the rest of the cap space to get a puck moving LD or big bodied forward. This trade and contract seems like it will screw the franchise for the rest of the decade.
Agree 100%. Heck, if they wanted to move Vilardi, they could have moved him for something other than PLD.

Kings have got to dump the 1-3-1. Having no good PMD, especially on the left side is a huge hole on this team.

Problem is, up in the great white north the Oilers are going to get to many power plays.

Well, I'm aware of the badly biased officiating up there, but I'm hoping Rittich is not going to be as leaky as Talbot was in those next games, provided the Kings do win Game 5 to force Game 6 (then force a Game 7 if the hockey gods are smiling upon LA).

Ummm nope. The biggest problem with the PLD deal is Blake could have kept Vilardi a then used the rest of the cap space to get a puck moving LD or big bodied forward. This trade and contract seems like it will screw the franchise for the rest of the decade.
Have you been watching the Avs Jets series by any chance? Vilardi and Iafallo are quite literally nothing special. There’s no big loss without them on the team.

I do agree that not having the cap space is a big problem. However the problem takes care of itself as the cap goes up. Which it is projected to do over the next 3+ years. Ticket sales are up. Viewership is up. Revenue is up. Expansion is right around the corner.

My big hope is Blake is shown the door this summer. The next GM comes in and has no allegiance to the players already here so moving everyone is on the table except for Byfield.

Well, I'm aware of the badly biased officiating up there, but I'm hoping Rittich is not going to be as leaky as Talbot was in those next games, provided the Kings do win Game 5 to force Game 6 (then force a Game 7 if the hockey gods are smiling upon LA).
Unless said hockey gods themselves are available for PK duty it's hard to share your optimism.

IMG_1978.jpeg

The boys played good tonight. The difference is the same each year... power play goals. Even strength we hold our own or better. What style of penalty kill can we do differently?

Back
Top Bottom