***Playoffs Rd1 GAME 3 GDT Edmonton Oilers vs. LA Kings 4/26/24 7:30pm on BSW, TBS & max***

Nyssa42

jammer's overlord
Staff member
TEAM LGK
LGKlogo2.png

PLAYOFFS Game Day Thread
Round 1, Game 3 -- 4/26/24
7:30pm on BSW &
2024-R1-G2-TV-logo.png

2024-R1-G3-Pic1.png

2024-R1-G1-KLogo.png
2024-R1-G1-OLogo.png

Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings
Crypto.com Arena | Los Angeles, CA

2024-R1-G3-Scores.png

2024-R1-G3-Stats.png

MEDIA.jpg

**Game Time 7:30PM**

TV: BSW &
2024-R1-G3-TVlogos.png

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio
Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

2024-R1-G3-Pic2.png

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here
Jim Hiller (video), Kopitar, Byfield, Kempe, & Talbot 4/24 Post-Game Quotes:

Anze Kopitar
On the game-winning goal and how he saw that play develop

It was kind of a wacky play where Mikey throws it up the boards and I think it was Q who tipped it……next thing I know, I had it right on my stick. Figured I’d make the most of it.
On how he saw the team handle the momentum swings throughout the game
It was good. I mean, it was a lot better game in terms of managing and making the right plays like we did in Game 1. We came out strong, scored a couple of goals which always helps. We’ve talked about that before, in the playoffs, there’s usually ups and downs within the series within the game. You’ve just got to be prepared for that and just kind of go about it the next shift and try to make the most of it.
On the team’s bounceback effort in total
A much better effort, structurally, from the team. We’re still taking a few unnecessary penalties, which we’re trying to avoid, and we’ll try and fix that going forward. Playoffs, everything’s tight and usually one goal makes the difference.

Quinton Byfield
On the ups and downs tonight and how the Kings handled them in a big win

That’s playoff hockey for you. There’s a lot of momentum swings in a game like that and just how well you can handle it, the ups and downs, and how well you can stay sustain it. That’s just playoff hockey, that’s all I can say.
On his read of Kopitar’s game-winning goal tonight
I’ll try to take credit for that, but it was all him. I saw Mikey, the puck bounced on him and got a little high, so I was just thinking no icing here and just try to get a stick on it. As I said earlier, Kopi is always in the right spot, supporting the puck, trying to get ready to go on the forecheck, luckily it worked out for him and what a finish.
On the forwards rotating around tonight and how the group fed off that
I think everyone’s played with everyone throughout the season, so just the movement throughout the lines, it keeps you on your toes. A lot of different looks for you offensively and then also different looks for the other team defending you. You don’t know what’s going to come out on the ice and it’s a lot of different groups.

Adrian Kempe
On the game-winning goal and how he saw that play develop

It helps having Kopi and these guys, who do it at all and just calm us down, that kind of stuff in the locker room. I think, throughout the game tonight, we were up early, feeling good about our game and Edmonton came back. I think we played pretty solid after that. Obviously, we just kept sticking with it and played our game. It was a tight game all the way to the end.
On his goal which was batted out of midair
Everything happened so quick. Kopi threw the pass and I don’t know if it bounced off the d-man’s stick or the ice, but it kind of stopped in the air. I just tried to bat it out of the air and I think the goalie was expecting it to go far side and I just tried to whack it short side. It worked out well. A little bit of luck, but you deserve that sometimes.

Cam Talbot
On his focus throughout the third period to keep the game tied

I just knew that if I go out there and I was trying to give us the chance to win, maybe stop a few more than I did last game and I knew that we would go out there and do our thing tonight. Kopi got us a big goal, just like he’s made to do.
On the team’s improvement on the penalty kill tonight and his saves in those situations
We talked that last game that our PK needs to be better and that starts with me. I was just trying to do everything I could to keep the puck out of the net there and not give them any momentum going into the third period. Just trying to read the plays, it’s tough out there, there’s so many good players out there and they know exactly where each other are all the time.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2024-R1-G2-KF.png

2024-R1-G1-KD2.png

2024-R1-G1-KG.png

======================================================

OILERS PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-R1-G2-OF.png

2024-R1-G2-OD.png

2024-R1-G2-OG.png

Former King
Troy Stecher
2024-R1-G1-Stecher.png

============================================
Goalie Comparison
2024-R1-G3-Goalie-Comp.png

=====================================================
2024-R1-G3-Pic4.png
Players to Watch
2024-R1-G3-PTW.png

**Click Here to Play the VBookie BETTING THREAD**

**No Poll Questions for Playoffs**

Thanks to everyone who has played The Game this year!
I hope you had as much fun playing as I had creating it.

FINAL POLL GAME WIN TOTALS (top 10 only)

King of the Mountain with 75 points - Rusty

68 pts = hornman

64 pts = beady eye

63 pts = Angel Eyes

62 pts = forum gold

60 pts = VegasHockey

59 pts = SirJW

58 pts = mugs, notbob

57 pts = jammer06, puckoff

56 pts = Liz4LA, pray4mojo

2024-R1-G3-Pic3.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings on X

Awesome and THANKS!

If we ever find out Troy Stecher is a serial killer, I won’t be surprised. He looks the part above.

Last edited:
Thanks Nyssa!!!

C’mon boys! Bring your A plus, plus game! You need to play like you want it more!!!

For those going tonight, be loooouuuuud!!!

GO KINGS GO!!

I have watched the clip of Kopi's OT winner so many times. What a thing of beauty!

Vegas has Oils as a -140 road favorite tonight. I guess that's about right. I hope we expose Skinner and dismantle them instead but it's likely going to be another nail-biter.

Go Kings!

Thank you Nyssa!!!!!

Lets go Kings...............

Skinner's play will, maybe just maybe let you guys steal another game. Talbot's play will, maybe just maybe not let you guys steal another game.

Go Kings.....

Byfield, why don't you have a beast of a game tonight.

The Oilers will come out with their hair on fire. The first 20 minutes will be a full on blitz and if the Kings can come out of the first period with a tie or even a lead the Oilers might be in trouble. Unfortunately I think the Oilers win big tonight.

But that’s ok. It’s a long series.

for god's sake, no too many men, delay of game, offensive zone, or after the whistle penalties.................

It's obvious that neither Talbot nor Skinner will ever be used in the same sentence as Vezina candidate. But, this series may come down to which goalie will make the big save at the right time, even if they otherwise let in 4 goals (or even more). Talbot did that in game 2 when I robbed Draisaitl at the end of the second period.

It's obvious that neither Talbot nor Skinner will ever be used in the same sentence as Vezina candidate. But, this series may come down to which goalie will make the big save at the right time, even if they otherwise let in 4 goals (or even more). Talbot did that in game 2 when I robbed Draisaitl at the end of the second period.

I say start Big Save Dave FTW!

Thanks, Nyssa!

Here’s hoping the Kings stay out of the Penalty Box tonight!

Yeah, this hasn't exactly been a goaltending clinic.

And I know it ain't gonna happen, but I'd love to see Big Save Dave in net tonight.

The Oilers will come out with their hair on fire. The first 20 minutes will be a full on blitz and if the Kings can come out of the first period with a tie or even a lead the Oilers might be in trouble. Unfortunately I think the Oilers win big tonight.

I fully expect a bloodbath tonight. McDickhead & Co will be in a surly mood, no doubt.

We need to be surlier.

Go get em Englund! :)

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom