GDT ***Minnesota Wild vs. Los Angeles Kings GDT 4/15/24 >>>6:30pm<<< on ESPN***

They were a force. They didn't make the playoffs until the last game and it was a must-win game. They just steamrolled through everyone and kept that momentum into the playoffs.

This team reminds me more of the year that Anze got hurt in the last week of the season. They got pushed around a lot, got beat up, lost their best player to injury, and a first round exit. This team doesn't even have an injured top player to point at. They're just not strong on the puck.
You mention "strong on the puck". The only player that was very good along the boards for 80% of this season was QB. He has to be injured because he just does not have it anymore.

We all know Kings gonna get eliminated in 3 or win the cup.

Or just lose in 5-6 all sad like.

That game was dog doo doo
It sucked.

But at least my buddy had a good time. Loved the arena and the environment.

I however, was less than thrilled. I expected the Kings to play hard, and that's not what I witnessed last night.

We need a hard-nosed coach and some equally hard-nosed players. Only Blake Lizotte seemed fully engaged. And Lizotte can't carry this team alone.

I fully expect Edmonton (or Dallas?) to destroy us. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but after last night and the game in Anaheim, I don't see us winning more than one game in a seven game series.

Nobody was seriously expecting the Kings to come out all gangbusters last night, were you? It was pretty much what I expected out of a game where everyone was playing to just not get hurt. The only reason anyone is going to the Chicago game on Thursday is to get the last bobblehead - I might bring a pillow along to take a good nap during that one!!

Nobody was seriously expecting the Kings to come out all gangbusters last night, were you? It was pretty much what I expected out of a game where everyone was playing to just not get hurt. The only reason anyone is going to the Chicago game on Thursday is to get the last bobblehead - I might bring a pillow along to take a good nap during that one!!
I expect the team to give me my money's worth every night. Even Hiller wasn't happy with the performance so he's either genuinely upset at the team or just playing along and really had no issues with their play.

I expect the team to give me my money's worth every night. Even Hiller wasn't happy with the performance so he's either genuinely upset at the team or just playing along and really had no issues with their play.
+ 1,000,000

"...everyone was playing to just not get hurt..."

WTF?

965e115d-7640-44c1-821a-9d59d13c267a_text.gif

Just wondering out loud here but what if the lack of effort has some connection to avoiding the Oilers in Round 1? Not saying they threw the game but what if there was some bit of avoidance in the effort level we saw last night. I really can’t make sense of it otherwise.

Gaming this out in my head but can it be rationalized that losing isn’t the end of the world because at least they won’t get embarrassed by the Oilers for a 3rd year in a row?

Just wondering out loud here but what if the lack of effort has some connection to avoiding the Oilers in Round 1? Not saying they threw the game but what if there was some bit of avoidance in the effort level we saw last night. I really can’t make sense of it otherwise.

Gaming this out in my head but can it be rationalized that losing isn’t the end of the world because at least they won’t get embarrassed by the Oilers for a 3rd year in a row?
No offense, but that's not exactly a winning mentality. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I agree! I think everyone should be questioning if this squad has the winning mentality. We already know they quit on one coach this season. Some games it looks like they’re read to quit on a second.
I never played hockey, so I'm not exactly an expert (practice goalie on the blacktop at Bancroft Elementary when they couldn't book ice time at Laurel Plaza doesn't count). But as for the eye test...I don't remember the Kings ever 'phoning it in' when Sutter was coach.

Last night was pathetic. I just didn't see a strong desire to compete. That never happened under Sutter. Win or lose, the Kings played hard each and every night.

Just sayin'...

Avoiding the Oilers isn’t just a matter of the Kings losing. How other teams like Vegas, Dallas, & Vancouver play also affect this. Also it implies the Kings can turn their effort on & off.

I had a 87 Datsun that had the same problem. Had to leave it running while I ran into the liquor store.
LOL!

My cousin, the hockey player, had a Datsun B210. 1975 I believe. We called it The Machine. Not much to look at, but it went 300,000 miles before it finally blew up.

It had an 8 Track player, and he had one 8 Track tape: Wish You Were Here. Every time we got in the car, he'd play "Welcome to the Machine".

Good times!

LOL!

My cousin, the hockey player, had a Datsun B210. 1975 I believe. We called it The Machine. Not much to look at, but it went 300,000 miles before it finally blew up.

It had an 8 Track player, and he had one 8 Track tape: Wish You Were Here. Every time we got in the car, he'd play "Welcome to the Machine".

Good times!
This is one of my favorite posts of all time. It’s also how you know we have problems. Datsun’s and 8 tracks. Wish the Kings were “here”.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom