GDT ***Playoffs Rd1 GAME 4 GDT 4/28/24 7:30pm on BSW, TBS, TRU, max***

Seven game series two years ago. Six game series last year. It’ll be five this year. So far into this rebuild but so little to show for it.

So frustrating, play the exact game you need but can’t play special teams. Crap!! Thanks Kings I’m going to pissed all night, and in a sh#$y mode all day tomorrow

Thanks for a fun season, Kings.... And for not sucking in this game
Honestly, this season really kind of sucked about as much as any season in which a team makes the playoffs can suck. The first few weeks were great, but everything else pretty much sucked.

Nowhere near the size or speed to beat this team. They are simply faster and stronger. Blake built it wrong. The size we added are a ghost (Dubois) and the guy who cost us this game (Englund).
Complete idiotic waste of games 1-3 with Talbot in goal.
This team was on a good trajectory until the trade deadline last spring. Adding Gavrikov and Korpi was the beginning of the end. And then the PLD trade changed things from going positive to going negative or flat at best.

Remember PL Dubois? The guy the Kings gave up Gabe Vilardi and Alex Iafallo for? The guy who was supposed to be the "difference-maker?' His face should be on milk cartons.
The Dubois debacle and the Petersen disaster have sunk the Blake-Robitaille ship.
On the other hand, Blake did draft Byfield, so there's that
And now, it's off to read some Maple Leaf boards to help myself feel better.

That sucked. Someone get Dan Beckerman on the phone. Clean house, Dan. Bring in a group that understands it’s not a 3-2 league anymore. Tear this whole roster down and build around Byfield.

Remember PL Dubois? The guy the Kings gave up Gabe Vilardi and Alex Iafallo for? The guy who was supposed to be the "difference-maker?' His face should be on milk cartons.
The Dubois debacle and the Petersen disaster have sunk the Blake-Robitaille ship.
On the other hand, Blake did draft Byfield, so there's that
And now, it's off to read some Maple Leaf boards to help myself feel better.
you’re not wrong but keep in mind Vilardi and Iafallo also suck.

I really like TO,BL and JS but they are not playoff performers. Skating is great but you need size to get to the net in the playoffs and size/reach in killing penalties.

Well, the Kings just got blanked by a Skinner who had no business playing like Lundqvist and posting an SO. It was good that the Kings had more time shooting the puck in the O-zone but they couldn't get the correct position to get past Skinner.

Now the Oilers has a 3-1 lead in this series, and it's going back to Edmonton. At least Rittich stood on his head for the most part, other than letting in a PP goal. Well, Blake, keep Rittich in net for the entire series because he's the only player to give the Kings a fighting chance with the Oilers. If you ever go back to activating Talbot in net, you just signed yourself the pink slip.

But oh bejeezus, their special teams are so terribad in this series. Not just their PP but their PK. My faith in this team in that department is really starting to waver.
He did not play like Ludqvist. He played well, but was not asked to make many difficult saves.

I am happy with the physicality. The perimeter offense killed them, like they can’t process the big picture for the game all at once. But they showed up.

Jeeze, how low the bar this team has set. I’m actually feeling alright.

Well, I'm probably the only one to be optimistic here, but the Kings still have a chance to force Game 6 and 7 if they keep Rittich in net, have him repeat his otherwise great performance in net, and find a way to solve Skinner by getting the correct positioning in the O-zone to get past him in net.

Back
Top Bottom