Byfield

"During exit interviews, it was revealed that Byfield was sick for a month early in the season and lost 20 pounds. Weight he never fully put back on."

"But, more importantly, Byfield revealed to THN that he played almost all of last season with two sprained wrists."
He definitely looked a lot stronger physically last night - holding off defenders with one arm while playing the puck behind the net in the offensive zone, fighting off defenders while posted up in the crease, etc. Hopefully we see big progress from him this season.

Sorry gang, this kid is not going to sniff 20 goals this year. Or ever, for that matter. I suppose I’ll be satisfied if he’s a 10 goal, 70 assist man every season, which seems more likely.

"During exit interviews, it was revealed that Byfield was sick for a month early in the season and lost 20 pounds. Weight he never fully put back on."

"But, more importantly, Byfield revealed to THN that he played almost all of last season with two sprained wrists."
monty-python-im-invincible.gif

I hope the Rangers cut him so that we can pick him up, but doubt that will happen. He's a good player who has been buried on a team deep with LWs and is now being asked to play RW to fill a need. Not the worst adjustment to make, but I'd be willing to bet a change in atmosphere (especially to a team that covets his strengths) would turn things around fast for him.

I hope the Rangers cut him so that we can pick him up, but doubt that will happen. He's a good player who has been buried on a team deep with LWs and is now being asked to play RW to fill a need. Not the worst adjustment to make, but I'd be willing to bet a change in atmosphere (especially to a team that covets his strengths) would turn things around fast for him.
I’d think a new start for him would be a great thing, but yeah Rangers don’t want the embarrassment of cutting him loose so soon. From the article sounds like the poor kid is really folding under the pressure. Glad Byfield doesn’t seem to feel pressure. Gotta give him that. When he does figure it out I think he’ll have all the confidence he needs.

I’d think a new start for him would be a great thing, but yeah Rangers don’t want the embarrassment of cutting him loose so soon. From the article sounds like the poor kid is really folding under the pressure. Glad Byfield doesn’t seem to feel pressure. Gotta give him that. When he does figure it out I think he’ll have all the confidence he needs.
Would say trade Madden, Turcotte and Thomas for Laffreniere, but there is no room for him even if the rags were dumb enuff to go for it.

Back
Top Bottom